Welcome Back

Let's get ready to work so we can make up all the snow days we missed and get ready for TAKS.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

First Day of School! First Day of Geometry!

Hello there future Geometry experts, Welcome! This is the first post on our class blog. On here I am going to be posting class information or questions that you might need to know. You are also going to be starting your own blogs on Blogger.com. This is where you will be answering my geometry questions; we will be using these blogs to communicate with each other throughout the year.



To start, I want to share a little background information about myself. I was born and raised in Billings, Montana. I grew up riding horses and hiking in the mountains. I went to school at the University of Montana, Go Grizzlies, and I would recommend it to anyone. I moved to Texas about a year ago for a change of scenery. So far I have enjoyed the big city atmosphere and having more options for pretty much anything I do. I have always enjoyed math. I love that there is one correct answer, but there still could be more than one way to get that correct answer. I get bored teaching with a powerpoint and worksheets, so I think you must get bored trying to learn that way. I try to bring manipulatives, group work, projects, and labs into the classroom so that learning math does not seem so painful. Make sure to let me know what works and what changes I could make to improve you geometry experience.



To start the year, I would like click on the link below and open it in a different tab. It will take you to a google form. In this form it asks for contact information about yourself and for your parents, please fill in as much as you know. It also asks for some inforation about your hobbies, summer and favorite teacher. These are just questions to get to know you a little better. When you are done push the "submit" button and your responses will automatically come back to me.


https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&pli=1&formkey=dEpFLVpVOW96WEUtdFBhM2o5TFlnQXc6MQ#gid=0

No comments:

Post a Comment